Friday, February 12, 2010

”Dead soldier’s graves are the best advertisement for peace.” true or false?

reasons and or any arguments against the question”Dead soldier’s graves are the best advertisement for peace.” true or false?
Soldiers fight for peace and freedom. Unfortunately, sometimes war is needed for the benefit of people in the long run. I think some wars are justified, I think some aren't. Whether the war is justified or not, soldiers are still brave people who fight for their cause.”Dead soldier’s graves are the best advertisement for peace.” true or false?
True.





They epitomise the futility of war and the senseless loss of human life.





They inspire humility, gratitude and awe for the soldiers lying beneath who were prepared to selflessly give their lifes in the pursuit of offering others peace through fighting battles they did not start.





Ultimately, in war, there are no winners only victims.





For me their can be no argument.
Although I think arguments can be made that it is and is not, my experiences within my country leads me to believe it is not. I think our collective society has become vengeful and fearful and images of soldiers graves and reminders of fallen soldiers do not provoke the same sentiment they did in the late 60's and 70's. I believe our culture has become quick to find the ';evildoer';, and allow our government to punish those we are told are to blame for making us feel unsafe. I think the graves statement may actually feed the collective fear that people live with, as well as insight people to continue fighting because they can not accept the soldiers died without tangible outcome, like ';winning'; a war.

No comments:

Post a Comment