Friday, February 12, 2010

False Advertisement?

Hi,





So I ordered a Christmas gift from a popular electronic store online. When I visited their homepage, they advertise an offer specifying that all orders should arrive before Dec. 24th or they'll send me a digital coupon that takes off a certain amount of money from my next purchase. Well the gift I ordered from them didn't arrive til' a couple days after Dec. 24th. So I emailed the store representatives asking how I would receive the coupon and they responded by telling me I'll get it the next day. However I never received it. So I emailed them another time couple weeks later and they didn't respond. I called them and no one answered. The third time I emailed them they said they'll send it to me as soon as possible. However, it has been a week and I still haven't received it.





So I was wondering what I should do? I know I'm not losing anything. I'm just angry that they used an incentive to get me to order from them, but when I did they won't send me the coupon.





Thank you!False Advertisement?
Call your local Mayor Hotline or you could try the Federal Trade Commission (I think this one). Go to their website at www.ftc.gov and it should list all kinds of things. There's also Federal Calling Commission but that pretty much governs calls and such.





The Better Business Bureau doesn't do a whole lot really. It just lodges a complaint against the company but as far as getting a resolution, you probably will never get one through the BBB.False Advertisement?
Find out where they do there business and call the better business bureau on them . If you google the better business bureau of each state and you could probably get some contact information on one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment