Friday, February 12, 2010

How is it legal to be able to sell Magazines with complete lies in it? And false advertisement?

Okay so tonight for a second I lost my sense. And may I remind you i'm using this as an example. I saw a magazine with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson on it saying they were a couple. They had on it ';Were already like a Married couple';. It was trying to make it look like they were interviewed. Well I usually don't read these magazines and i'm not obsessed with them but I wanted to see what it had to say. So I bought it for $3.49. I get home and I read the article and it says ';A source says the couple can't stay away from each other';. So Kristen and Robert were not interviewed, but they made it look like they admitted to being a couple. I just got and angry because it was all CRAP! Of course they could be dating, but I never believe anything unless it comes from the stars. So I was thinking this was true since it looked as if they were saying it. So wrong. It pisses me off. Why? Because they can sell a magazine with complete lies in it! It's stupid. And yes I was stupid to buy the stupid magazine. But hey were human. But no more! It's bull crap! And don't say they are dating or whatever. Its not the issue of ROBSTEN or whatever. it's the issue that it's stealing!How is it legal to be able to sell Magazines with complete lies in it? And false advertisement?
There's a whole freedom of the press thing that kind of let's publishers of magazines print whatever they want, as long as it's not terribly slanderous.How is it legal to be able to sell Magazines with complete lies in it? And false advertisement?
When they wrote that they can't stay away from each other, that's actually true. But anyway, i agree with you. Not because of that story, but others. It's sad that people get to waste their money on SOME magazines that have bull in it!!


:)
Technically, people can sue for false advertisement. If they get the idea that there's something in the magazine that there actually isn't, it's not right. But who would go to court over such a small case? And the press can defend themselves. If they don't state that the celeb said it, such as, ';'we're already a married couple,' Kristen said. etc. etc.'; then they're okay. It's just one of the lessons in life that you can't believe everything you read and hear.


Oh yeah, and don't always trust pictures as well. It's ironic that I bring this up, but in a KISS mag they showed a picture of Kristen and her actual bf, and then the same picture with Rob's head on it. One word. Photoshop.


Anyway, you'll just have to trust your own judgement for things like that.


Hope I helped. :)
Tabloids abuse First Amendment freedom of speech and freedom of press, they can tell many lies if not defme anyone, incite violence or such crimainl speech, you must learn not buy such dumb magazines, my lover say his sister buy celebrity gossip mags, she is dumb *******, we not care what Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart do, so long so they not make love before our windows, not care what any celebrities do so long so they not do it near us.

No comments:

Post a Comment