Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to I report False Advertisement on the Internet?

I was wondering how you report false advertisement on the internet?? I drove 20 miles today looking for a business that was advertised online only to find out that the address does not exist. Him and I spoke by phone several days before and he gave me a quote on some A/C work to be done on my car. He eventually called me back after numerous phone calls to his cell phone.After my last attempt at reaching him by phone he called me back only to hang up on me after he said to me that he did exist and then hung up in my face. What type of person does this to the general public??I have his posting ID number but am having difficulty locating his ad on the internet as I was in a bit of a funk that day and forgot to write it down. I believe it may be listed on Craigs List. This is false advertisement and I want to report him as fraudulent. How do I do this?? This was waste of my time, effort and money!! I want him reported!!!!How to I report False Advertisement on the Internet?
Let it go.





If you report to BBB, nothing will come out of it because you don't have his address. BBB will just tell you they can't do anything since you don't have the right address





Or if you really want to pursue it,





FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)


FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov)


Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov)


Non-emergency number for your local police department.





If this was an ad on Craigslist, report him to Craigslist http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/emai鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment