Friday, February 12, 2010

False rental advertisement?

I just rented a house. The owner informs me now that the garage is his cousin's home as well as his parents. I am paying for the utilities for all of these people which is also not a part of our agreement. This was advertised as ';A 2 bedroom private home with a pool';. He now says that the backyard is theirs since they cant stay in the garage all day. I cant park in the driveway, and since there is only 1 mailbox I have to wait for them to check the mail before I get mine. (they will give me my mail personally) I am really in a fix. I need to know what my rights are since I have already signed the rental agreement (prior to him telling me about the utilities and my 3 amigos in the garage). I have paid a lot of money for this house and doubt if he has it to give back.False rental advertisement?
Take his azz to court. If you have all that in the rental agreement and/or a copy of the advertisement, use that for evidence this was under false pretenses to defraud you. As soon as he is served his subpoena to appear in court, he may let you voluntarily out of the lease.





If you do not have the advertisement, go to the newspaper and get a copy of the newspaper the ad ran in.

No comments:

Post a Comment