Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I sue a staffing agency for false advertisement?

I've had several staffing agencies tell me over the phone that they have jobs available, then once I go to their office to fill out an application and other paperwork, they then tell me that they have nothing available. I am quite fed up with this, not only does it waste my time, but it also wastes what little money I have having to drive to these places.





FYI: The jobs we're also listed in the newspaper as well as on websites.Can I sue a staffing agency for false advertisement?
Filing a lawsuit against the temp agency would be a REAL waste of money. $150.00 in filing fees only to have it dismissed when the temp agencies lawyers get a hold of your complaint.





Sorry, but you are better served using your money and time actually pounding the pavement, going door to door and putting in applications, than wasting time and money trying to sue.Can I sue a staffing agency for false advertisement?
I would just keep calling the companies and let them know you are interested. I did temp work summers in college and they were always impressed by someone motivated. Good luck!





You don't have a basis to sue - they said a job was available but that doesn't mean that they have to offer it to you.
I'm with you...maybe there's a class action lawsuit here.
Post of the postings at those staffing agencies are first come, first served...if you aren't one of the first people there, the job gets filled. You can't expect the agency to lose out on money so that they can hold a spot for you.
Employment agencies commonly use the ';carrot on a stick'; approach to get you to show up at their office. It is reprehensible and ignorant but that is the nature of their work.





You are the buyer here, and we all heard the old saying, ';buyer beware.'; Don't let yourself be suckered by these people any more.
Any question that begins ';Can I sue...'; always has the same answer: YES





The more important question is ';Should I sue...'; In this case, the answer may be NO. What was the damage to you? Can you quantify and prove those damages?





Note: They might be disqualifying you if your application has the same errors as your question. ';The jobs were also listed...';, not ';The jobs we're also listed...';

No comments:

Post a Comment