Monday, February 8, 2010

Is false advertisement illegal?

I bought something from Amazon and the seller listed the item as new, but when I received it, the item was obviously used.


The seller won't refund.


I've contacted Amazon, but it's still going to take 2 weeks for the claim to process.


I just need to know if false advertisement is illegal so that I could at least get some leverage.





Thanks everybody!








DuyIs false advertisement illegal?
Yes, but you have to go through Amazon, it's part of the rules. You are subject to arbitration through Amazon. Part of their terms of service.Is false advertisement illegal?
Yes, if someone states the item is ';new'; and it turns out to be even slightly used this is deliberate deception and as such illegal.





Now if they stated the item is ';just like new'; or ';in nearly new condition'; there's wiggle room. In that case you'd probably loose.





Good luck with your claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment