Wednesday, February 10, 2010

False advertisement by Amazon?

I used this link for a promo


http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7863562_1?ie=UTF8%26amp;docId=1000307241%26amp;pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER%26amp;pf_rd_s=center-1%26amp;pf_rd_r=100DSFT7SHPRGTV1NDDM%26amp;pf_rd_t=1401%26amp;pf_rd_p=463812911%26amp;pf_rd_i=1000301161%26amp;tag=blurayforum-20


When I noticed that it still charged me for the full amount in the checkout I called Amazon up and they told me that they would look into it.


However today I got an email saying that I don't qualify since the promotion only lasted until Nov 22nd but if that's the case shouldn't this link clearly state that?? But there is NO end date what so ever! So are they bound to give me 300$ off like they advertised? I doubt false advertisement is allowed.False advertisement by Amazon?
If this is still active on their site (as it seems to be) they should honor it. Saying the it ';might be removed at any time'; or that this is a ';limited time offer'; doesn't fly if they don't give an actual end date.





I would advise you to pressure them into honoring it. If they don't file a complaint with the BBB and contact The Consumerist.False advertisement by Amazon?
At the top of the promo it says ';some restrictions apply'; and if you click on it they go into limited time, limited amounts, etc., so it's so open ended in their favor that they can say anything and it would be right. So it looks like they can cut it off at any time. Unfortunately, merchants are in some tight financial situations now and they are not as customer friendly as they used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment