Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have been sold insurance under false advertisement what can i do about it ?

i took out mobile phone insurance and was told any repairs would be dealt with in 48 hours and if not a replacement phone would be sent out. its now been 2 weeks and they are only just ordering me a new phone so it will be 3 weeks by the time i recieve the phone. is there anything i can do about this and if so what is it ?I have been sold insurance under false advertisement what can i do about it ?
Unless you were ';told'; that in writing as part of your insurance documents, you have no recourse.I have been sold insurance under false advertisement what can i do about it ?
Does ';the insurance'; policy actually say that repairs/replacements would be resolved within 48 hrs? because if it does you have cause to file suit... if it only says they would repair/replace it with no specific time-frame, then they could take ';a reasonable amount of time'; to repair/replace.





I would think you need to do some homework and get this ';48hrs guarantee'; either in writing from that company or a recording of a sales person promising this 48hrs turn around.





Mind you I'm not a lawyer. I'm an insurance agency owner, so I would suggest you see an attorney to explore your options. Given the costs I would think ';small claims court'; would be the best thing for you.
What your TOLD doesn't mean anything. Whatever the PAPER says is what counts.





The ';insurance'; you buy on that stuff, isn't real insurance, it's more like a warranty. It's not regulated, there's no supervising control. You can't do anything, except buy your phone from a different company.
See if you can get compensation for the extra time they took, otherwise SUE THEIR ***!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment