Friday, February 12, 2010

What do I need to do if I believe a company is guilty of false advertisement?

recently purchased a car and I specifically asked about 0% financing for 60 months. However, it was communicated that it was unavailable. I recently received a flyer in the mail stating they have 0% financing for 36 to 60 months on my specific vehicle (FYI I qualify for the rate). However I already purchased the car, and the deal was valid when I purchased the car. I contacted the manufacturer and they said I would have to take this up with the dealership I purchased the vehicle from. I am not getting any help from the dealership.. Do I have a case here? and what should I do?





if the agreement was made on false pretenses that they did not have 0% available, I don't have a case?


What do I need to do if I believe a company is guilty of false advertisement?
i doubt if you have anything. Ads regarding financing are full of weasel words. Perhaps the truth of the matter is that it was not available to you, but could have been available to others. Consider also that the ';false advertising'; you mentioned was not received until after the deal was done, so it could not have affected your decision. Your complaint seems to be that no one offered you o% financing, when they could have. No one has to make an offer to you and you were free to walk away if you didn't like the terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment