Monday, February 8, 2010

Is this false advertisement?

This is a question of false advertisement. The Cingular wireless corporation advertises a pay as you go plan that is suppose to be 10 cents per minute. If I make a 20 second call, they charge me 10 cents. If I make another 20 second call they charge me another 10 cents. Again I make a 20 second call, and yet another 10 cents... If I am not mistaken, that adds up to 30 cents per minute. Is this false advertisement? I have called them to complain many times now and they say that they are doing nothing wrong, and that it is not false advertisement. I have made about 8 minutes worth of phone calls in the 2 weeks that I have had the phone, and been charged about 25 dollars. I have asked to be refunded the 40-something dollars left on my phone and they will not do it. Is this legal?Is this false advertisement?
If you read your agreement carefully, it probably says that time will be rounded up to the nearest minute. If you make a 10-second call, it rounds up to one minute. The ad probably has a footnote to the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment