Friday, February 12, 2010

What do I need to do if I believe a company is guilty of false advertisement?

I recently purchased a car and I specifically asked about 0% financing for 60 months. However, it was communicated that it was unavailable. I recently received a flyer in the mail stating they have 0% financing for 36 to 60 months on my specific vehicle (FYI I qualify for the rate). However I already purchased the car, and the deal was valid when I purchased the car. I contacted the manufacturer and they said I would have to take this up with the dealership I purchased the vehicle from. I am not getting any help from the dealership.. Do I have a case here? and what should I do?What do I need to do if I believe a company is guilty of false advertisement?
Advertisements are not generally considered offers to contract. They are generally seen as invitations for you to make an offer. Unless they are highly specific on quantity available and other details, your case would likely be dismissed. It might seem unfair, but think about a company offering cars for $1,000. If they only have 50 cars and 100 people show up, it would be unreasonable to allow 50 people to sue them. I know this isn't what happened to you, but that's just kind of the legal reasoning behind it.





False pretenses would mean they not only advertised it, but told you it was available specifically to you. Since the contract you signed pretty much says the opposite you likely don't have a case. Like I said advertisements alone are generally not offers legally.





If they told you it wasn't available and you still purchased the car, you're pretty much screwed.What do I need to do if I believe a company is guilty of false advertisement?
If you could some how prove that they did have 0% available to you, even though they said they didn't and you signed a contract that did not include it you might have a case. This would be hard to prove. If you want to try and you really want legal advice call a lawyer.

Report Abuse



I see your point, but the fact remains that you ended up agreeing to whatever the finance charges ended up being on your contract. You could bug the dealership or the finance company, but I doubt it will get you anywhere.
  • myspace games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment