Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Private Car Sale, Buyer says False Advertisement.?

Earlier in the week (3 days ago), I sold an older car (1986). Today (3 days later) I received a call from the buyer saying there are problems with the car.





He is saying that there is engine problems (but agreed I didn't know about it), and false advertisement because I had listed in my craigslist ad that the car had a posi rear end in it (which I was told it did when I purchased the car 2 years ago). I'm no mechanic so that's what I thought it had.





He is basically saying that he wants $500 back from me because of false advertisement and that's how much it would cost to find a cheap posi. He originally said he wanted $800 back.





Now he paid me $2900 and never asked to have the car checked out by a mechanic before he purchased the car. If he did and offered me $2400 I would not have sold him the car. I said I felt bad and would be willing to give him $200 back, but he said that he is getting $500 or will take me to small claims court.





Does he have a case?


Private Car Sales are ';as is'; correct?Private Car Sale, Buyer says False Advertisement.?
GO DO RESEARCH


SORRYPrivate Car Sale, Buyer says False Advertisement.?
no he doesn't have a case be cause unless you said ';as is'; your okay


and its the responsibility of the buyer to double check before making the purchase so your good





he is probably trying to hussle you and taka the $200 off
No.


Yes.





Tell him the $200 is off the table and that you will see him in court. Then just make sure you show up.





In the meantime, remove the ad from craigslist.





You have an 80-95% chance of winning.
He's trying to hussle you for sure.... does he have a copy of the ADD? was there any written contract? did you sell it AS-IS? these are things you'll need to answer. But i think he's just trying to get something for nothing.
Take the offer off the table. He had the opportunity to check it out before he bought it. Not your fault as you sold in good faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment