Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?

Ok i have two questions..


1. What should i do?





I've been trying to get an auto loan and decided to use Yahoo Finance (because my credit isnt so great). If you go to Yahoo Autos and then click the FINANCE tab theres a gray box area that offers auto loans for people with bad credit. And it specifically states 'Lock in a low rate today, check on rates with our partners.' Seeing the word 'partners' i felt that it was safe enough to sign up with www.driverapproval.com. Has anyone ever dealt with www.driverapproval.com? I found a lot of articles referring individuals with bad credit to use that website but no hard information. (Stupid me!) I was supposed to be contacted within 24 hours regarding my application and its been 2 days. I am beginning to freak out because all my information mightve fallen into the wrong hands! I emailed yahoo fraud and they responded saying that 'the seller misinterpreted their affiliation with yahoo'.





which leads me to my second question..


2. Is this considered false advertisement??


Yahoo is saying theyre not affiliated with them but it says so on their Yahoo Autos; Finance page that theyre partners! I have no idea how to go about this.





ANY feedback or answers will help!What should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?
It is not false advertising. In this context, ';partner'; means ';advertising partners'; not ';business partner.'; Further, right under the advertisement, it provides a warning: ';Note: You will be leaving the Yahoo! Autos website,'; which further serves to indicate that the advertisers are not affiliated with Yahoo! Autos.





To check out ';driverapproval.com,'; your best best would be to check out the Better Business Bureau's website. http://www.bbb.org, also see if the driverapproval.com website has any telephone numbers where you can contact them. If you are worried about your identity being stolen, watch your credit reports, which you can obtain free once per year at http://www.annualcreditreport.comWhat should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?
Partner = advertising partner


You are taking the meaning of the word partner way too far. It is not false advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment