Wednesday, February 10, 2010

False advertisement in Pier One Imports? help..?

I was in Pier One Imports furniture, and I found this really beautiful 2 door chest that was blue with birds painted on it. Next to it was the same prints chair and a writing desk.





On the chest was a white sign in a plastic holder that CLEARLY said ';Blue Bird two door chest: $99. Blue Bird chair: $99. Blue Bird writing desk $69.';





When I went to purchase this they told me that the sign 'didn't matter' and that the price tag on the piece was the real price. I've talked to the manager and he won't budge at all. I've Pier one imports and talked to costumer service and I called the district manager and left a message.





I really loved this piece and it would go wonderfully in my home, but the $250 dollars they want for it is unheard of.





Isn't this false advertisement? Is there anything that I can do? Are there any consumer adjacencies I can report them to? ThanksFalse advertisement in Pier One Imports? help..?
I'd call your State's Attorney General. There should be a number in your local phone book under government agencies. I'd also contact the Better Business Bureau. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment