Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?

Ok i have two questions..


1. What should i do?





I've been trying to get an auto loan and decided to use Yahoo Finance (because my credit isnt so great). If you go to Yahoo Autos and then click the FINANCE tab theres a gray box area that offers auto loans for people with bad credit. And it specifically states 'Lock in a low rate today, check on rates with our partners.' Seeing the word 'partners' i felt that it was safe enough to sign up with www.driverapproval.com. Has anyone ever dealt with www.driverapproval.com? I found a lot of articles referring individuals with bad credit to use that website but no hard information. (Stupid me!) I was supposed to be contacted within 24 hours regarding my application and its been 2 days. I am beginning to freak out because all my information mightve fallen into the wrong hands! I emailed yahoo fraud and they responded saying that 'the seller misinterpreted their affiliation with yahoo'.





which leads me to my second question..


2. Is this considered false advertisement??


Yahoo is saying theyre not affiliated with them but it says so on their Yahoo Autos; Finance page that theyre partners! I have no idea how to go about this.





ANY feedback or answers will help!What should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?
It looks like your information may have fallen into the hands of a shifty individual or scam artist. If you provided them with your social security number, I would recommend contacting all of your banks to let them know that your SSN has been compromised. I would also recommend using a credit monitoring service to keep track of any new credit inquiries that appear on your record. I would also recommend this company to the Better Business Bureau if you are not contacted within 10 days of this inquiry.





Although this could be considered false advertisement, it will be difficult to prove and may not be worth the time to try to rectify this situation. The best you can do is try to protect your accounts at this point.





There are car dealerships like J.D. Byrider that offer credit solutions for drivers that don't have great credit. J.D. Byrider does not use banks for financing and has an in-house financing department. Be aware that the interest rates are higher though. But using a dealership like J.D. Byrider will save you from entering your private information over the Internet.





Good luck with your situation. I hope it works out in your favor.What should I do? / Is this considered false advertisement?
probably that website payed yahoo to advertise there, yahoo probably isn't affiliated with them anyhow. Give it a few more days and maybe they'll contact you.
  • myspace games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment