Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What rights do I have as an online buyer and a false advertisement?

I ordered a tv from wally world and paid for it and they are shipping it to the store. It hasn't come in yet. When I bought the tv, the online description said 52'; 1080p plasma LCD HDTV and had loads of features. Now the online description has changed to 50'; 720p plasma and has lost a few features. When I paid for the tv I printed off a copy of the page that shows a picture of the tv with the description and features and price.





I have been looking for a tv for almost a year and purchased this tv even though I am waiting quite a while for it to be delivered. The price was good for a 1080p 52';. But it is not good for a 50'; 720p.





Are they legally bound to give me a 52'; 1080p television since that is was they advertised? I need to know what ground I have to stand on before it gets to the store.What rights do I have as an online buyer and a false advertisement?
Definitely bring along that copy you printed out. Walmart will most likely be more than willing to give you a refund on the purchase price if the product is not as advertised. Usually Walmart is fairly good with returns, but it's very surprising the description changed so much!





If at Walmart they tell you that you can't get a refund (or the proper set), then you definitely have a case... I mean buying something from their store online should have the same effect as buying something in-store. If you buy a toaster in store as advertised and realize that it's an entirely different color, different model, and different capacity when you open the box... you have a right to get a full refund for what you just paid for.





Be sure to check the fine print on Walmart.com's terms of service agreement. I don't think it justifies false advertising (or even a computer error which this very well may be). If you're really very concerned about it and want to know Walmart's position on this kind of matter, they do have contact information. I would call them up and be sure your order was placed for the set you want, if not, they might even be able to cancel it before it gets to the store.What rights do I have as an online buyer and a false advertisement?
make a copy of the page you printed and take the copy to the store and if the TV isn't what you ordered then refuse to buy it. When order something if it doesn't come in the way as described, then they can't expect you to buy it anyway.





Glad you printed off a copy, that was a WISE thing to do. We have to protect ourselves.
In English law, (you'll have to check your own) you could demand the 50'; TV, and if they cannot supply it you could buy one and sue the store for the difference.





AS LONG as you a receipt with the 50'; description.
That is bait and switch . . I am not a lawyer . . but I wouldn't stand for it. If they won't help you out (which I think they will). I would call my credit card company and dispute the charge.





Good luck . . that stinks
Printing it was a good idea, also having your receipt that states exactly what was purchased is good to have as well. Be sure to check that you are getting what you paid for.
you false advirtise?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for aware to rights of online buyers thank you for write this blog and giving or sharing this info
    Groobers

    ReplyDelete