Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What can I do legally about this false advertisement?

On Thanksgiving night, I went to the Walmart at 11 p.m. to get in line to purchase the HP Laptop for $298 for the Black Friday Special. I was first in line and waited for 6 hours to make my pruchase. At 5:00 a.m. I was told that they could not find any of the computers and we were to give them our names and numbers and they would call us when they were able to locate the laptops. I called back around 12:00 p.m. and was told that they did not have them and if they found out that the computers were not delivered to their location I could not get it at the discounted price even though I was first in line to purchase one. I am upset and disappointed by the lack of organization of this event. What can I do legally to make sure that I get a $298 HP or another compatible laptop?What can I do legally about this false advertisement?
contact your state attorney general's office, or perhaps your city, county or state has an office of consumer affairs.What can I do legally about this false advertisement?
The laws of false advertising only apply to things you have actually bought. It is unfortunate that you had to wait so long, but they have done nothing wrong, legally speaking.





If that was the case, I would be able to sue the supermarket every time they ran out of stock.





Coming here for legal advice though, why?
Nothing. The ad will have small print saying 'subject to availability'. It sucks that you didn't get it, but it's not illegal.
Nothing, very very fine print says subject to availabity or may not be available in all areas..Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment